IMPORTANT UPDATE - Range Use and Further Details - as at 14 May 2020.
We now have some more clarity on moving down to Level 2 and in our case, this will mean that the use of the range is now available for sighting in firearms but there will be criteria around that please – at least until the end of the month when there is to be a revision on numbers of people at venues etc.
So what and when will the TVDA Range be open during the month of may?
· Week days (Monday – Friday inclusive) Until the END OF MAY, the range will be available for club members to sight in firearms/bows from 3.00pm – 5.00pm each day.
· Weekends – the Range facilities will be open on both Saturday and Sunday each weekend between Until the END OF MAY but from 10.00am – 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
First and foremost – our Current Range Standing Orders take precedence over all activities on the range
· Make sure you bring your own mat or cover/rollout to lie on while you are using the range
· You will need to make sure you have brought your own paper targets and equipment with you.
· Please keep numbers to a minimum as we are still bound by the 10 people rule so this is not to be a family/social outing for now please – but rather enabling you to make sure your firearm is sighted in and safe to use if you are heading into the hills. If we keep our activities to a minimum for now (the next couple of weeks), the access to and availability of the facilities will be relaxed as soon as possible.
· There will be a Contact and Tracing Register at the 100m covered range and that MUST be completed before you commence using the range (and your departure time added when you are ready to leave).
This is not negotiable and all the details must also be included if anyone else comes to the range with you.
· We ask that you do not share any equipment with others unless they are from your own family or bubble that you have been with during lockdown.
· It is also your responsibility to make sure that you have good hand and general hygiene before and after using the range and facilities please.
Thank you for you co-operation and understanding!
We have a property located at the end of Morrison Road on the outskirts of Paeroa. Our facilities include a modern clubrooms with kitchen and bar facilities, a running boar range for use with .22 calibre rifles, a 50 metre and 100 metre centerfire range, and traphouse with a DTL trap. The club also has a large number of traps that it uses for the many Sporting Shoots it hosts as well as for Corporate and Business House Shoots.
The Club runs a varied shoot calender throughout the year for rimfire, centrefire and shotguns, visitors and non members are most welcome.
For Club Members or those wanting to join Thames Valley Deerstalkers.
RanGE STANDING ORDERS
Our RANGE STANDING ORDERS have been written to ensure all Club Members and users are aware of the conditions that apply to these ranges.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
HOW TO FIND US
Thames Valley Deerstalkers is located at the end of Morrison Road in Paeroa, Morrison Road is located approximately 1km on the right from the Paeroa boundary on the Paeroa Thames road.
New Zealand Bow Hunters
We have welcomed bow hunters from the greater region into our midst and they have set up their extensive range and club events on our property and are fully integrated into the “TVDA family” ..